D:\LIFA\@ Jobs\Safety\SY19_SAFETY_EU_111\4746858111\4746858111_01GB.fm master page: Right
• When wiring cables, be sure to unplug the mains lead for your
safety and take care not to catch your feet on the cables.
• Disconnect the mains lead from the mains socket before
working on or moving the TV set.
• Keep the mains lead away from heat sources.
• Unplug the mains plug and clean it regularly. If the plug is
covered with dust and it picks up moisture, its insulation may
deteriorate, which could result in a fire.
• Do not use the supplied mains lead on any other equipment.
• Do not pinch, bend, or twist the mains lead excessively. The
core conductors may be exposed or broken.
• Do not modify the mains lead.
• Do not put anything heavy on the mains lead.
• Do not pull on the mains lead itself when disconnecting the
• Do not connect too many appliances to the same mains socket.
• Do not use a poor fitting mains socket.
NOTE ON MAINS ADAPTOR (models with
supplied mains adaptor only)
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this
apparatus to rain or moisture.
To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not place objects filled with
liquids, such as vases, on the apparatus. Do not install this
equipment in a confined space, such as a bookshelf or similar
• Please ensure that the mains socket is installed near the
equipment and shall be easily accessible.
• Be sure to use the supplied mains adaptor and mains lead.
• Do not use any other mains adaptor. It may cause a
• Connect the mains adaptor to an easily accessible mains
• Do not coil the mains lead around the
mains adaptor. The core wire may be cut
and/or it may cause a malfunction of the
• Do not touch the mains adaptor with wet
• If you notice an abnormality in the mains adaptor, disconnect it
from the mains socket immediately.
• The set is not disconnected from the mains source as long as it
is connected to the mains socket, even if the set itself has been
• As the mains adaptor will become warm when it is used for a
long time, you may feel hot when touching it by hand.
Do not install/use the TV set in locations, environments or
situations such as those listed below, or the TV set may
malfunction and cause a fire, electric shock, damage and/or
• Outdoors (in direct sunlight), at the seashore, on a ship or other
vessel, inside a vehicle, in medical institutions, unstable
locations, near water, rain, moisture or smoke.
• Places that are hot, humid, or excessively dusty; where insects
may enter; where it might be exposed to mechanical vibration,
near flammable objects (candles, etc.). The TV set shall not be
exposed to dripping or splashing and no objects filled with
liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the TV.
• Use when your hands are wet, with the cabinet removed, or
with attachments not recommended by the manufacturer.
Disconnect the TV set from mains socket and aerial during
• Install the TV so that it sticks out into an
open space. Injury or damage from a
person or object bumping into the TV
• Place the TV in a humid or dusty
space, or in a room with oily smoke or
steam (near cooking tables or
humidifiers). Fire, electric shock, or
warping may result.
• Install the TV in places subject to
extreme temperature such as in direct sunlight, near a radiator
or a heating vent. The TV may overheat in such condition which
can cause deformation of the enclosure and/or TV malfunction.
• If the TV is placed in the changing room
of a public bath or hot spring, the TV
may be damaged by airborne sulfur, etc.
• For best picture quality, do not expose
the screen to direct illumination or
• Avoid moving the TV from a cold area to
a warm area. Sudden room temperature changes may cause
moisture condensation. This may cause the TV to show poor
picture and/or poor colour. Should this occur, allow moisture to
evaporate completely before powering the TV on.
• Do not throw anything at the TV set. The screen glass may
break by the impact and cause serious injury.
• If the surface of the TV set cracks, do not touch it until you have
unplugged the mains lead. Otherwise this may cause an
When not in use
• If you will not be using the TV set for several days, the TV set
should be disconnected from the mains for environmental and
• As the TV set is not disconnected from the mains when the TV
set is just turned off, pull the plug from the mains socket to
disconnect the TV set completely.
• Some TV sets may have features that require the TV set to be
left in standby to work correctly.
• Do not allow children to climb on the TV set.
• Keep small accessories out of the reach of children, so that they
are not mistakenly swallowed.
If the following problems occur...
Turn off the TV set and unplug the mains lead immediately if any
of the following problems occur.
Ask your dealer or Sony service centre to have it checked by
qualified service personnel.
• Mains lead is damaged.
• Poor fitting of mains socket.
• TV set is damaged by being dropped, hit or having something
thrown at it.
• Any liquid or solid object falls through openings in the cabinet.
About TV Temperature
When the TV is used for an extended period, the panel surrounds
become warm. You may feel hot when touching there by the
Viewing the TV
• View the TV in moderate light, as viewing the TV in poor light or
during long period of time, strains your eyes.
• When using headphones, adjust the volume so as to avoid
excessive levels, as hearing damage may result.